Door de heg
Curated group show in the 18 vitrines of Foundation B.a.d.
on the occasion of the launch of the book ‘Door de heg’
- ‘Door de heg’ (‘Through the hedge’) is an encounter between artists, who move into the landscape; one running, the other contemplating and yet another with their pair of pruning shears. Whether their toolbox consists of biodiversity data, a bicycle tire, or a roll of barrier tape, they all leave traces, in varying degrees of recklessness, humor and severity.
- The publication of the same name (see below) was launched during the opening of this presentation, with works of Annegret Kellner, Frans van Lent, Stang Gubbels, Jeroen Jongeleen, Ilona Plaum, Dirk van Lieshout, Marjolein Witte, Tijs Biersteker, Yvo van der Vat, Olivier Scheffer and Anne Kolbe. Their works will be seen from the street side from April 1st until May 31st 2023.
Anne Kolbe, Plants don’t have hands (2023)
Annegret Kellner, Lustgarten serie – BAD (2023)
Marjolein de Witte, Form Correction (2023)
Ilona Plaum, Paper cut 1 & 2, (2015)
Dirk van Lieshout, Moving Bushes (2005)
- Jeroen Jongeleen, Cirkel in boom (2016/2023)
Frans van Lent, Both sides of the bridge (2021)
Anne Kolbe, Upholstery (2023)
Many thanks to Tim Hollander for the graphic design of both the exhibition and publication, all exhibiting
artists, Foundation B.A.D, Stichting Droom en Daad and a very special thanks to CBK Rotterdam for
supporting this presentation.
- ‘Door de heg’ (‘Through the hedge’) contains works and words of Annegret Kellner, Frans van Lent, Stang Gubbels, Jeroen Jongeleen, Ilona Plaum, Bart Eysink-Smeets, Marjolein Witte, Tijs Biersteker, Yvo van der Vat, Olivier Scheffer and Anne Kolbe
- This publication can be purchased by sending an e-mail to info [@] annekolbe [.] com
Edited by Anne Kolbe
Designed by Tim Hollander